Thread: Duramax Owners
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 12:15 PM   #43
Montana_2203
Established Member

M.O.C. #2203
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill and Ann>>>>all injectors had to be changed. Apparently this is a problem with the Duramax. Thankfully it is going to be a warranty item. There is a 200,000 mile warranty on the injectors.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I was going to post something about this but decided against it... I will now tell you that I called GM after hearing a story from a couple of my friends about bad injectors..... the GM people would not confirm anything about this.... however, my local dealer, from whom I purchased the truck.... did tell me there was a problem with "some" but that it was not across the board so there was no recall however if the problem did surface on the Duramax... it would be fixed at no cost up to the 200,000 miles mentioned.... I am very concerned abou this since I am planning a cross country with my rig sometime in the next year or two.... I have an '02 Duramax with a little over 48,000 miles and a '05 3400RL..... sure wouldn't want to get stuck somewhere waiting for the fix to arrive.... wonder what my chances of getting this fixed before it happens or is that probably not necessary...... (if it ain't broke, don't fix it.....)
Montana_2203 is offline   Reply With Quote