View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
There are a lot of service bulletins that the dealers get that we know nothing about as owners! The only one I have been notified on is the heater element for the windshield wiper fluid being faulty and to bring it in. I did so and they disconnected my wiper fluid heater and gave me some money to boot! Not a bad deal, if you ask me!

There are service bulletins from the manufacturer to the dealers and service reps coming out all the time from all of the Big 3 manufactures and in a lot of the cases the Service Reps that you check in have no idea these are even out only the service mechanic does.

I had the same problem as you with my 2007 1/2 Chevy and it was found, like Rich's example, that it was in the connector in my truck box and the wires there that were the problem and all it took was the service mechanic to hear what it was doing and he went right to the connector and it took less than 5 minutes to correct.

With the computers now in our TV's there is so much that is monitored that it's surprising that we don't get more messages come up on the dash. As for me, I'm glad we do have them and they are giving us the messages they are. If we were back in the 60's or so we wouldn't have these messages popping up and it would be even more of a risk than now. We can cuss and complain about the new things on the units today but thank God we do have them and they are working for our benefit!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote