Thread: Banks equipment
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 04:01 AM   #12
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
A great majority of the trucks here in Alberta are diesels and 4X4s and are owned and run in the oilfield.( There are some of the largest truck dealers here in North America). Literally every one is modified, chipped and tuned, the dealers have been very supportive and know that these are their customers and must keep them happy and continue to buy these $60,000 plus units. When a contractor comes in and orders/ tenders for 20 trucks and wants them modified are you as a dealer or manufacture going to turn them away? I don't think so. I guess if my truck craters in another State, and do not support ford's warranty engine wise; yes that would be my problem and negotiation with Ford Motor Company. And yes it is our choice and we will take the risk to get efficiences from a well built diesel engine. I was going to wait another 6 months but could not stand the poor fuel mileage and constant regens that burn additional fuel let alone starved horsepower. This is only IMO and in no way am tryinmg to promote any tune/chip line. I know this discussion could go on and on but that's why we have specific diesel discussion boards to openly discuss these items.
Bob, go to: http://www.fordtrucks.com/forums/forum169/ This forum is specific to 6.4 owners and their discuission. I am sure you'll get a detailed answer to your specific questions. Ellis
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote