Thread: Auto former
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 07:02 AM   #36
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
We also have a 30 amp Autoformer, and it is waterproof. Now saying that, the receptical that your trailer plugs in is not. I made a cover for the Autoformer by cutting a pressure treated plywood base to fit the autoformer. I then went out and bought a plastic trashcan that would fit over the autoformer. I cut two large holes in the sides and secured two vents over them. I finally attached the plastic trashcan to the plywood base by two small latches. With two small holes near the base for the input trailer cable and the output cable from the autoformer, The Huges autoformeer is now completely waterproof and the cover won't blow away. In addition, it doesn't take much room and doesn't weigh anything.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

I have a question about the autoformer that all you guys are talking about .... are they water proof??? because it looks like an external surface mounted electrical box to me, and from the looks of it it just hangs from the service box at the RV site. if this box has circutry or electronics wont water damage it if not sealed. Just asking.

TT2
ken is offline   Reply With Quote