View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 08:19 AM   #41
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Thanks, Gary!

We are really getting excited at this point. I asked Cheryl today if she was starting to get excited yet. She said it still all feels like a dream, yet. She said she kind of feels numb.

The journey to this point in our life seemed like an impossible "pipe dream" a few months ago. Everything that could go wrong, did. Everyone around us was telling us that we couldn't do "this", and "that" was impossible. I think that this experience that Cheryl went through (including the perceived intense stress that she felt her husband was going through), makes it difficult to believe it really happened.

Maybe the best way to explain would be to give the example of someone being told continously "NO! NO! NO!!!" for 12 straight months on your dream of a lifetime, then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, out of the haze, there is the "Prize" sitting right in front of you and someone says, "OK, you can have it." The disbelief is EXTREMELY hard to overcome in that situation. That's what she's going through right now.
Lorraine and I know your excitement. Back in September 03 we thought our departure date of Oct 20th would never get here. It is now going on 33 months and we love it and have no plans of stopping now or later.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote