View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 07:21 PM   #38
Bwbags

M.O.C. #25804
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
Awesome info, thanks!
I'm trying to decide if I keep the Anderson and use it on our 2021 Montana 3790. If so, then I will change out the RotoFlex pinbox to a MorRyde rubber pinbox and the heavier plate recommended by Anderson.
Interesting that you feel the Anderson worked better than the Goose Box...
Just to confirm, did you use the RotoFlex and lock it out with the Anderson on your 3791?

Thanks again,
Brad
The stock pin box was a road armor. It did have a rubber or urethane “plate” with the ability to flex fore and aft. I did purchase and install the lockout kit from Andersen. Do your research on it though, it seems as if the stock bolts are too short for many - me included, (I had to purchase longer bolts). I never cared for the fitment of the lockout bars. Maybe it was just me. They seemed to work well enough, it’s just that I never had this problem on my Reflection. If I was going to use the AUH with my 3791, I would find a pin box that didn’t have the flex plate in it- just a rigid (less expensive) pin box, (thus eliminating the lockout kit). You could probably find someone to trade you for your nice one. Install is easy (but heavy of course). If you are a do it yourself guy especially. (The same with the goosebox - it’s easy to install but heavy).
There are a few other things to consider - the AUH takes up bed space the goosebox does not. The AUH requires a pretty high lift of the front end of your trailer for hookup and drop while the goosebox requires a little more that a traditional fifth wheel hitch but not nearly as much as the AUH. Lastly the AUH is light but pretty big, so consider the storage while not in use.

Good luck,
Bryan
Bwbags is offline   Reply With Quote