View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 02:20 PM   #37
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwbags View Post
So a little disclaimer, I have never towed with a “standard” fifth wheel hitch. I also have a 6’4” bed on my Ram. On my first camper, a GD 337 reflection, I went with the Andersen ultimate from day one. I also used that same hitch on my 2020 3791. But after researching here and elsewhere, I realized that keystone and lippert would not honor a warranty if you use that hitch. I never wanted to have to lift a heavy hitch out of my truck’s bed so I decided on the goosebox 20k version.
I really liked the ease of the AUH installation and removal- and towing was great... no chucking no bucking. The goosebox is easier to hook up than the AUH. As far as rider goes, the goosebox is almost as nice as the AUH... almost. The ride is good but there is a bit of movement at times in the connection. The air bladder helps but that is also a “new” extra thing you need to make sure of, that it has the proper amount of air. There were concerns on the original (first) version of the goosebox that the air would leak, I have the next generation and have had no problems with leaking. Also the newer generation is lockable with a padlock, and another big plus is nothing in the bed except your ball and safety chain anchors when you unhook.

Good luck with your decision.
Awesome info, thanks!
I'm trying to decide if I keep the Anderson and use it on our 2021 Montana 3790. If so, then I will change out the RotoFlex pinbox to a MorRyde rubber pinbox and the heavier plate recommended by Anderson.
Interesting that you feel the Anderson worked better than the Goose Box...
Just to confirm, did you use the RotoFlex and lock it out with the Anderson on your 3791?

Thanks again,
Brad
kowbra is offline   Reply With Quote