View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 08:49 AM   #11
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I just have to share with you what we found out today. All this talk about the big shots coming in and buying everything up. Well that is what happened at the Rivers End Campground here on Tybee Island. Thankfully the city heard about it and bought the campground from the owners first. The City now owns the campground and are doing everything in their power to make a go of it. We were encouraged to talk to Woody the manager and give him any input possible. The town is hell bent on keeping the campground here and everywhere we go they thank us for staying at "their park." I sure hope it works out for them. It would be a shame to loose this one but I can see where it would bring in millions as a development area like all the areas around us.

Steve, this has not been our day. There is one barber on the island and when we went there they are closed on Monday so we went to find breakfast at the Breakfast Club. That one is closed for the entire Thanksgiving week because of a wedding. We decided to skip breakfast and instead went to the Bonaventure Cemetery from the movie Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. The Cemetery was the ..... How can you describe a cemetery? Anyway it was great and we are so glad we went. I took tons of pictures. Of course when we got there, we found out the statue of the girl is now on display at an art museum. Oops, forgot to tell you that we stopped at Uncle Bubba's Oyster House on the way home for lunch. Oh boy, were the grilled oysters great.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote