Thread: RV sites????
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2022, 07:42 PM   #12
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
Second day at Mayberry (Mount Airy), NC. Yesterday by noon, the drive-through campsites abandoned, and by night fall, they were all filled up again. Walked around this morning and couldn't find any drive-through unoccupied. And today is only April 5 and this is Tuesday! FYI, did more walking around yesterday, and this is one huge campground! And I think Class A motor homes far out number fifth wheels and travel trailers combined camped here right now. We are completely surrounded by Class A. Kind of makes me feel a little squirmish, kind of like that time in 1971 when I pup-tented from the back of my motorcycle at a KOA traveling from Indiana to Texas and I had a campsite between a motor home and a fifth wheel. And there I was with my 2 man pup tent and a sleeping bag on the ground and a motorcycle eating cold pork-n-beans straight from the can.

When hauling transport loads of diesel fuel to inland drilling rigs back in my youth, many was the time I warmed up a can of beans, soup or sausages on the exhaust manifold while offloading. Sure hoping don't have to go back to that! LOL With the price of fuel now days, the drivers are hauling liquid gold....
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote