View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 08:19 AM   #1
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
Alaska or West Coast Route 1?

We are sitting here in Butte, MT for a few days. John is from Butte and has things to do. When we left John had a bad cold and now I am trying to recover from it. Bad headaches, bronchitis, etc.

When we left Phoenix, it was probably 110 and by the time we got to Utah and Idaho it was snowing and raining. It has been really cold here but is starting to warm up. It is the most beautiful I have ever seen Butte and the surrounding area at this time of the year a with snow on all the mountain tops.

Once I feel like traveling, which should be a couple days, we are trying to decide whether to continue on our trip to Alaska that we have planned for months or go over to Seattle and down the coast and stay at various spots a week or so. This is something we have never done.

We would save lots of money on diesel if we did not drive all the way to Alaska. The cheapest we have seen on our trip is right here in Butte at Flying J at 4.54 a gal.

I have been reading all the posts on the cost of fuel and its effects on you, and I can tell you we thought long and hard before we took off on this trip with the price of fuel. But we had planned for it and didn't want the fuel cost to deter us.

We are having a tough time decidingon whether to continue on the Alaska. Help us make a decision, especially those of you that have taken both trips. Thanks in advance for your help. Karen and John

kwolff7 is offline   Reply With Quote