View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 07:50 AM   #1
PeteMorris
Established Member

M.O.C. #19208
Help with our Bucket List - Long

I know that there are a lot of travelers on here, and I am really looking for some help with our “bucket list” trip planned for this summer.

My wife and I are in our 60’s. We have been talking about a cross-country trip for as long as I can remember, and we felt that it was time to do it as opposed to someday saying, “I wish we had done that.”

In planning our trip we are placing very few conditions on to where or when we get to a destination, making the route as opposed to the destination the “trip”. (A first for me.)

• We are allotting 3 months (+ or -), May June and July.
• We are not setting an exact schedule or making many reservations.
o We know we are going to be at Trailer Village in the Grand Canyon June 2nd thru 6th.
o We are going to be at Longhorn Ranch in Wyoming June 23rd thru 29th.
o We are going to be at Grizzly RV Park in W. Yellowstone MT June 29th thru July 6th.
• We have seen enough of Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and the Northeast for right now.

So planning a trip west was pretty easy. Going to spend the first 30 days, seeing some parts of the Gulf Coast of AL and MS. Then on to see some parts of Louisiana that we have never seen before, prior to heading into Texas. The route will take us through San Antonio and then up towards Amarillo (in order to pick up some POI’s of Route 66, through NM and into New Mexico with the South Rim of Grand Canyon as an early June goal.

The second leg will take us from Grand Canyon up through Bryce Canyon and Zion ending up in Tetons and Yellowstone for the month of June early July.

The third leg takes us from Yellowstone back home to Myrtle Beach, and therein lays the problem. We would like to see Pikes Peak, but besides that we are a loss for where to go and what to see!!

What is there in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma or Arkansas that I am missing? With the condition that we wish to stay away from Illinois, Indiana etc this seems to be the route home,

I didn’t have an issue finding exciting spots all the way to Montana. The trip home appears to be a little more challenging. Thanks in advance for all of your input.
PeteMorris is offline   Reply With Quote