Thread: Quest unit
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 01:03 PM   #10
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
The sony DVD we purchased was a Sony DAV-DX150. It has DVD which plays in Surround sound, AF/FM Stero, and A CD player that has stacked 6 CD's. It comes with 6 speakers, two, was hung replacing the origional speakers over the sofa and table. The other three is secured on the desk. The wofer is in the same place as the quest was. We purchased it a Best Buy for $299.00.
Ken and Velda
Dahlgren VA
2005 3475 Montana
2005 2500HD GMC Crew cab with Duramax

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pud2

Ken what was the model no# of sony system and the sub woofer you replaced.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ken

Thanks for the information. After continuous tries to get ours fixed, I gave it to my grandson for his dorm room. we installed a Sony DVD/am/FM 6-CD changer in its place. We used the wires that were already there for the two speakers over the sofa and table, but replaced the rest. Currently the other speakers (3) are to the rear of the desk. I'm not ready to tackle changing the speakers over the TV. That would encompass removing the TV, Fireplace, and cutting the holes a little larger. It was much simpler to go thru the wall with the wires to the desk. I used Velcro to hold the speakers in place. The woofer replaced the one for the quest player. A lot of difference. We currently have the Sony on the bottom, then a VCR player, and then the Direct TV Satellite receiver in the cabinet secured by the velcro strip that held down the quest. i had to add an extension of Velcro to make all of them fit. They do not move a bit when traveling. There has been a lot of information on the Quest systems and some of us have just given up on them.
Ken and Velda
Dahlgren Va
2005 3475 Montana
2005 2500HD GMC Crewcab with Duramax
ken is offline   Reply With Quote