View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 06:11 PM   #8
Montana_1683
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1683
I have used the same filter setup now with my 2nd unit for over 7-years. I generally use my Rv,once a month at most. When through I hook the male end of my hose to the female end where the water regulator fastens to the park hook-up faucet. I have never had a mold problem. Before putting the unit away for the winter, I remove the carbon filter. I forgot to do this last winter and the cartrige froze and I all kinds of small piece of carbon in the filter housing. What a mess. I also noticed this last weekend the filter top where it screws to the bottom leaked some with a small stream spewing out between the top and bottom of the houing. I guess after using it for this long it might be time to buy a new one. This time I will get the one with a clear bottom housing. Either Lowes or Home Depot will show what connectors are needed to hook it up to the white water hose. It has worked well for all these years. Oh! my old filter had a red release button on the top that would allow water to flow out of the in=flow side of the filter. I haven't check the new models.

Gimmy2001
Montana_1683 is offline   Reply With Quote