View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 04:12 PM   #123
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Butdoit

Success!!!!
Many thanks to you all for the help!!!!!

4. Washer drained to black tank/We'll have to get used to this one..no fix from Montana.
Butdoit,

I'm glad you were able to get most of your issues resolved. #4 still seems like a major issue to me. I just installed a washer/dryer in our Mountaineer TT and I plumbed mine into the bathroom gray tank. Having the washer drain into the black tank seems to me like it will create a problem as the black tank is not usually dumped until it is full. Leaving a tank closed while running a washer drain into it is asking for trouble as you may underestimate how much space you have available. (And having a black tank back up is a much bigger issue than having a gray tank backup. )I would push back on Keystone on this one. I can't believe this would meet the RVIA standards of which Keystone is a member and their seal is posted next to your door.

If that fails, I'd crawl underneath and see how hard it would be to reroute the drain using PVC or ABS pipe available at your local home center. It seems to me it would be easy to cap the black tank drain and cut in to the gray drain line.

Just my two cents...
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote