Thread: model?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 05:22 PM   #9
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I actually like the sound of this floor plan whereby there are large storage areas are in the front AND back. As long as you have a tow vehicle that can handle the RV's gross vehicle weight (when fully loaded), I think it's a clever way to meet the problem area for a lot of tow vehicles... that is, the pin weight of a fiver.

All my major storage areas are at the front of the RV in my floor plan. This nearly got me in trouble with my tow vehicle and it required some major mods to satisfy the pin weight (the rear axle of my TV was the ONLY axle causing me weight compliance issues). Upgrading my truck's suspension was how I solved this temporary problem, and I've always wondered if I could shift the trailer's load back a bit to the other side of the axles could have helped.

Whatever I've done to my truck since would not be enough to be able to tow these new Montanas... many of them are have over 15,000 lbs gross, and not only does this exceed my trucks weight ratings, I would have to get a new driver's license endorsement (including medical requirements) in my state and I just don't want the hassle.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote