View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 12:39 PM   #17
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mlh

Mike I will be darned if I would replace the HPFP until I knew it was bad. I doubt it is bad. The fuel would have had to get to the pump through the lines and the filters and then had time to damage that pump, that $8000 pump. I would unhook the intake line and run some fuel through it with plenty of Diesel fuel additive in it, 3 or 4 more than needed. Then I would hook it the fuel line up and run the truck and check the fuel pressure. Mine at idle runs about 5000 to 5100 pounds. I don't know what yours should be but I would think it should be somewhere in there You can change that pump anytime.
Lynwood
Lynwood, I hear you. Unlike gas engines, don't know the mechanics of diesels. Ford has a fuel system replacement kit that includes rails injectors, manifold assemblies, pumps, etc. Cost $5500. Minus labor. To keep in my case extended warranty ford requires installation of that package. That cost included the fuel pump, broken out on my invoice at $1100 , as part of a kit buy, plus four hours labor for the pump install. Maybe that is different than the HPFP you mentioned, particularly since total cost of all parts was $6100. Based on your post did a sanity check on line and HPFP pricing averaged $1500. Bottom line, I depended on the ford folks cause I am out of my element. Don't understand everything they did, but my warranty is intact and truck runs great. Did discuss with my dealer back home in NC during the repair work and they were in agreement with what the TN mechanics were doing. Also found couple of videos online re 6.7 DEF contamination in line with what both dealers told me. Wish I knew as much about diesels as you.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote