Thread: Crash
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 12:58 PM   #39
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by waynemoore

Anderson or not it can still happen. No mechanical device is foolproof. We all have things happen when hooking up or driving. I droped mine when trying to move the rig when having a building build to house it. DW, a friend and the two installers talking to me and yep pulled out and droped the rig right into the Blue Ox. No damage except my pride, re-hooked up and moved the rig. We all have accidents just like the time I drove my 13'3" Montana under a 12'8" bridge. Now that one dose not look good on my resume DW keeps track of that kind of stuff. What I am saying is things happen we get distracted, or our mind is on a family problem or we are trying to move out of the way of a storm or fire. Whatever it may be and s---t happens. Pasave safety systems are the best defense against ourselves. JMHO
The only way it could happen on my Andersen is for
A: The ball to break totally off my hitch as I drive away. (That isn't going to happen!)
or
B: The Lippert Level-up system would have to literally drop my trailer suddenly as I drive out from under the pin. (That isn't ever going to happen either. Hydraulic rams don't drop trailers)
I have to raise my trailer up off the ball using the front rams of the Level-Up system to be able to pull away from it or back into it. I physically can't move my truck from under the trailer without first putting the feet on the ground and lifting it up off the ball. It simply can't and won't drop with the front hydraulic rams on the ground. If I don't do that first, I'm just simply towing my trailer if I try moving the truck.
Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote