View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 08:44 AM   #18
davidaf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13601
I'll just update this if anybody cares.

Service guy just called. Low pressure pump is bad and they are going to void my warrant unless I pay 10k approx to replace the entire fuel system. They tested the fuel by smelling it and dumping some on the ground to see if they could light it on fire. I don't know what kind of idiot i'm dealing with now. I'm supposed to spend 10k or lose my warranty thanks to some guys nose? My day just keeps getting better. Now how do I get my truck to another dealer..

FWIW, i called the station. The owner stated they are unaware of any issues. They get Diesel daily and I'm the first person in 14 years to have this complaint. I've been buying from these folks for 2 years off an on, and the only place I buy from when I'm staying in the area.

Union 76 the supplier said I could file a claim with them and their insurance if the station doesn't acknowledge the problem.

I agree with both statements above re who is at fault, if in fact there was an issue with the pump or tank at the station. I don't want to start a flame war as I really do like the truck more than the Ram, thus the reason I own one. The problem I have is in 12 years of Diesel ownership I've never had a manufacturer even question fuel. Now twice, that was the first thing Ford questioned. How on earth can I expect to own a vehicle that I'm afraid to put fuel in? I already go to well traveled stations. Are we supposed to carry a test kit before we buy fuel? I'm just perplexed. It appears the tolerances are so tight they can't withstand anything in a fuel that is already known to be "dirty"
davidaf is offline   Reply With Quote