View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 08:23 AM   #18
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Those americans jobs weren't sucked out of the states, they were sent to various countries by american companies that wanted more profit for the board of directors. When I was working in the corporate world, the company that I worked for used mexico, taiwan, china for computer assembies, parts, and in case of taiwan...laptop computers. A fact of gobal economy is that no country has a lot of their products made in their own country....21st century. The US has always been great at being on the forefront of tecnolgy and education in the sciences. That is where we need to get back to! NOW, tires, all have a code on them that say where they are made and one can look the code up on the internet. Most of the tire molds were once u.s. made, but that was 1960's. If you can afford the sole u.s. made tire for heavier trailers, you should be using them. The people who can't afford them have to deal with the lower quality chinese tires. Some of us went beyond g rated and use u.s. made goodyear, michelins, and sumitomo from japan. No one should be slighted or insulted because of the tires they use on their rv or tow vehicles. We state our opinions about issues on the forum and try to help people of all income levels, etc. Sorry to the members for my tirade on this thread! John