View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 03:42 AM   #6
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
I called Keystone to report the failure of their recall fix. Not sure what they will do with that information, but they gave me the usual of taking it to a dealer and document what happened. If I take it to a dealer, it will be with a written document of what happened, because I'm not removing my fix to show them their crappy fix.

First photo is of where the bolts were installed. Top rear and just below the 2nd step from the top. Note the bolt vs. original rivets. Both sides of the steps were fixed the same. Now what you are seeing is my bolts, since at the time of the photo I had replaced all bolts with the longer ones from the hardware store. Second photo is of the original bolt and nut sitting on a piece of cardboard just above my bolt installed. Also note in the 2nd photo that the nut is one of those with the nylon inside the top part of the threads to help with the bolt not coming off due to vibration.

ALL PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FIX IS ONE I'M TESTING. IT IS NOT APPROVED BY KEYSTONE OF HICKORY SPRINGS. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I'LL UPDATE THIS POST AS I LIVE WITH IT OVER THE NEXT FEW MONTHS.

jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote