Thread: Dish TV
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 04:15 AM   #4
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
We have the collapsible dish and it winds up either on the table or right on the ground. As long as you have line of sight with the Satellite you'll be in good shape. As Glenn said have plenty of cable as some time you might have quite a distance to get line of sight away from your Rig.

Also I use the Satellite Finder from camping world. It makes the dialing in a lot easer. They sometimes refer to it as the Marriage saver. You'll understand this the first time you set it up. LOL

If you do get a Sat. Finder, put a short piece of cable on the Dish, about 3' and use a female/female connector. This is where you will install the Sat. Finder in the Cable when setting up. When dialed in you just remove the Sat. Finder and connect the cable back together.

Our Dish has only one eye (LBN) so we have to choose which Satellite we want to use as Dish Net. is using more than one Sat. At home we have two eyes and get both Sats. Your portable dish probably has two eyes, which does complicate the process a little, but will give you all your stations. I have been thinking for quite awhile of going to Direct TV so I can have it all with my nice little portable dish. I think their still using one Satellite for their programing.

Happy Camping
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote