Thread: Length of stays
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #16
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Sage advice... the voice of experience. Thanks for the post.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gilljr

We are thinking of going from long term to full timers. How long is your avg. stay in one place
Congratulations! Well, I see you're still in the contemplation stage but congratulations if you decide to go full time.

As for length of stay... when we started out, a few days to a week we considered a long time. Over time that changed to us staying for a month in many places so we could explore the area to see things we otherwise would have missed and so we could cut down and go sightseeing maybe 3 or 4 times per week and so we could leave the weekends to the tourists. After all, it's not a vacation, it's our life and we need days to relax and just be retired as well as days for laundry, shopping, etc.

At this point in our fulltiming life we usually stay at least one month, sometimes two. And if we're around grandkids we may make that 3 or 4 months.

To me, the key is to realize you're not on vacation, take time to enjoy and relax as well as to see. When you start out traveling that's very hard to do. There's the excitement of wanting to see so much that it's very easy to try to do too much in too short a time. That will burn you out quickly. Kind of like those vacations where you have to go back to work to rest up.

I see you're already long timing so I probably didn't say anything you didn't already know.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote