View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 11:40 PM   #11
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206

Jcurtis934 has just stated he has increased the wire sizes. If he used the published wire sizes for an 80 Amp draw he doesn’t have a problem.

This was the point I was making.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Phil P... The recommendation is actually well documented from Lippert

Art

The problem with using anything in Lippert’s recommendation is they didn’t install the system and don’t have any idea what wire sizes has been used.

The wire sizes in our trailer for the pump system except for the pump and relay panel that is wired by Lippert has wiring only good for 50 amps. The installation of a circuit breaker or fuse larger than 50 amps with this sizes wire is a fire hazard.

The charts and information I use are a national standard. Ignoring them has proven in the past to be deadly.

The hydraulic pump that operates theses slides in our trailer is set at a pressure that works well. Everything I have found on Lippert’s site indicates the system is set to operate at a pressure that Parker says will result in the pump drawing between 40 and 45 amps.

I find this must be accurate because my slides when they reach their travel stop moving just like everyone else’s should and I can hold the pump switch on for several seconds without having the circuit breaker trip.

If you can’t hold the switch for several seconds after the slides stop without tripping a 50 amp breaker then there is something wrong and it isn’t too small a breaker.

Phil P

PS:

Parker states a duty cycle in minutes and “cool down” period between pump usages. I haven’t honored that and everything is still working I guess I am just lucky.

If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote