View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 09:07 PM   #10
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Phil P... The recommendation is actually well documented from Lippert as the one to do and I used the dual 40amp autoresetting solution ahd it's worked for me ever since. Your electronics explanation is very applicable and I've always wondered why it worked based on your explanation, but apparently is not an issue from Lippert (supplier of mine and many other slide systems). Since the Lippert recommendation works so well, we apparently don't need to worry about the concern you bring up.

When the slideouts started failing after you've done this and the fluid is good, there is a good 12V power source, the RV is level and jacks are down, then the problem should be assumed to be more severe and hopefully one doesn't find this out via a fire. Thanks for the electrical reminder for our consideration.

LOL on the square bits. They are often on the stash of bits that come with most mechanic style tool kits. I think I have three or four sets of the three sizes amongst all the tool kits I have in my possession. Never noticed them before until I bought my first trailer and have been using them ever since (trailer exterior fasteners, curtain and valence supports, they are used in lots of places).
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote