View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 03:52 AM   #45
Montana_2574

M.O.C. #2574
Leakinn slides:
We have a 3295 Montana and love it. However, it has been in the shop alot. The last time was for leaking slide in living room under fireplace, amounting to a wet spot and stain that just keeps creeping across the carpet. Also the slide in the bedroom. Not real wet, but growing mushrooms, DISGUSTING! We took it back to our dealer and he kept it 3 months, saying he was waiting on Keystone to authorize him to do repairs. Finally he called and he said they sent him a check to fix it and replace the carpet. He decided at that time, the gasket needed to be replaced on the slide in the kitchen slide and he could not find a problem in the bedroom. He shampooed the carpet, but did not replace it. Said if we have anymore problems to call him and he has the money in an account under our name to fix it. We called 3 months later with the SAME problems and he said he was busy with his RV shows and would contact us after the shows were over. He never did. Finally I emailed the Manufacturer and we have an appointment to take it in the shop Jan. 4. Now our fiberglass in bubbling and I am worried about termites, I have seen flyining ants all around that area and it is in the same area as the leaking kitchen slide. I have also contacted my attorney and the BBB about the dealer, and the state attorney general will be next. I hope they can fix the unit as we really like it, either that or buy it back and let us trade for a new unit. This is a 2002 unit we bought new off the showroom floor. This time I will insist they replace the carpet it we keep the unit and I will order the awnings above the slides. And I will not wait 3 months for repairs. We paid cash in good faith of a nice unit. We use our unit quite a bit, every weekend to be exact, year round. We have never towed it, it is parked in a campground year round, but hope to tow it to Florida this Feb. We have the same problem also of the breaker tripping if we use the fireplace and microwave. I do like the size and layout of our unit, but am really discusted with the problems.
Montana_2574 is offline   Reply With Quote