Thread: Slides stop,
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 04:17 AM   #14
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I'm going to support Tom S ... and add a bit. The fiver structure settles in a bit after a few pulls down the road. Resistance of the slides change due to this. How you are set-up (blocks, rear stabilizers) on certain sites will also effect the loading of your frame as a whole. Our hydraulic slides will always work on the principal of least resistance as far as movement ... that's the way any open hydraulic system works. Every year about this time the MOC has increasing numbers of posts about intermittent slide operation. It's mostly weather related ... colder temps make the hyd fluid a bit thicker causing more amp draw from the pump. That's why tranny fluid is used instead of a higher viscosity oil. Colder temps also cause more resistance from the seals and what have you. I guaran-damn-tee your pump will intermittently pull more than 30 amps going into this time of year. If your circuit breaker was almost maxed out this past summer it's past maxed out this winter. As stated ... the factory fix is a higher amp or parallel circuit breakers for the fix ... scores of us have gone that route for years with safe and continued sucess.
JohnG3 ... unless your system is of a different design than mine, there are no "diverter" valves nor any directional valves. The slides go out according to resistance not really "weight". The pump motor runs one direction to deploy the slides .. it turns the opposite direction to retract them. All extend/retract hoses on your cylinders are connected to the pump via an open manifold it just has manual shutoff valves as a user convenience. Pump pressure is available to all cylinders at once ... resistance dictates where the flow occurs.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote