View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #18
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
The dealer is Montana's eyes and ears. That is why they want you to take the rig to them. IMHO that is why a *GOOD* dealer is essential. They should also be your advocate.

I took my rig to the dealer. Once Montana saw the pictures, they told the dealer to not repair anything (I had a list of 14 warranty repairs in addition to the frame flex) they would fix it all at Pendleton. Montana built a completely new left wall and put it on a semi to Pendleton. They then dispatched a transporter who picked up the rig at the dealer and towed it to Pendleton to meet up with the new wall. Four months later the rig was returned to me.

Having things fixed at Pendleton is no panacea. It is a Cougar plant so Montana models are foreign to them. They were supposed to fix all my warranty issues but didn't. What they did do was subpar. Replacement sink leaked, bedroom door wouldn't close due to header incorrectly re-attached, broken closet was was not corrected, and the paint (whole left side had to be painted) job had 15 major flaws. They even applied the wrong Big Sky decal after painting the rig (there are two different colored decals depending on the paint scheme). It took two more trip to the dealer (another 6 weeks on non-use) to get it all fixed.

I have just over 2K miles on it since the repair and there is just a hint of flex at the stress relief. Just enough to crack the caulk. The head of service in Goshen says some movement is normal. There was no movement initially after I purchased it or after it was repaired. But once movement starts it doesn't stop (at least it didn't last time).

Should I have another frame flex problem, I expect Montana to fix it. And I will insist it be done at Goshen after they tow it there and back. My dealer fixed all of my warranty issues eventually. They also have done 5 of the "Field Repairs" to other customer's rigs. I really need to check with them and see how they are holding up. The dealer is pretty good but I am sure frame flex is better addressed by the factory guys.

Unfortunately we love the floor plan or else we would have dumped this POS and moved on by now. There is nothing else in the Montana line (since the killed off all of out favorite models) that we like so the next rig won't be a Montana.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote