View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #14
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I've never did like the term weight police for those of us who like to remain within specification. It kind of puts the emphasis for something wrong on the wrong party. Actually, it's the ones who don't have any regard for safety that should be called, "Weight crooks" (and I'm being nice) where the label should be.

Since there is so much chance of things going wrong under normal conditions, anyone who willingly goes against safety recommendations are crooked in the sense that they don't want to follow these recommendations. Ignorance to your weights and capabilities is NOT an excuse and continues with the crookedness of their lifestyle.

Salesmen that regard what's NOT right are doing a disservice to everyone around them. Owners who go elsewhere to find that disservice aren't helping either. I don't think there is enough coverage about this problem. When I towed trailers for that brief 3 month period I encountered this all the time, but when you counter with regulations and safety, the arguments ended and sanity prevailed. I quit because I got fed up with the insanity of impatience, ignorance and callousness of what goes on out there.

That's my opinion.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote