View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 04:23 AM   #69
Dave Nowlin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7253
There are many today who seem interested in a Laser for their handgun. LaserMax makes a very interesting sight that utilizes a green pulsating laser. Why green? The green laser is not only nighttime visible but can also been seen in full daylight. There is another feature about this unit that I find desirable. It is rechargeable. Those little replaceable batteries used in lasers are expensive. Because they are people don't tend to train with them as they should. As we get older it gets harder to focus on the front sight like we did when younger. The focal length is just too close. When we shoot instinctively pointing with the laser as a guide, things get easier. Some tend to try and use too much gun. They pick calibers which have heavy recoil, tend to over penetrate and don't allow fast follow up shots. In an ideal world you will only encounter one assailant at a time. In the real world there are sometimes two or more, so follow up shots may be necessary. Don't get me wrong. I hope I don't ever have cause to draw and fire my weapon at anyone. That said, I will in a heartbeat to defend myself or a loved one. A concealable handgun is like your automobile insurance, you don't carry it hoping to use it. You carry it in case you need it. If you do you'll be mighty glad you had it.
Dave Nowlin is offline   Reply With Quote