View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 06:36 AM   #10
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
I thought about going with the airbags but it ended up being a cost factor among other considerations.

The cost of the airbags was around $300. Then there was the onboard compressor at over $400. To install all this broght the cost to $1000 and some change. My cost on the Timbrens was $237 with shipping included from Amazon. I was able to install them myself under 1 hour - really easy.

Timbrens do not puncture or wear out like airbags can. Airbags can sometimes be torn if not unbolted before lifting the truck from the frame on a hoist if all the air is not let out. No airlines to leak or break and no compressors to go bad with the Timbrens.The ride is not affected when unloaded. The Timbren company is also well known for their customer support. They will send you different springs and spacers to make your situation work.They have a money back guanantee if you are not satisfied.

There is only one negative that I can think of with the Timbrens - You can't adjust them. That is not a problem with my setup since I am not hauling multiple trailers with different pin weights. I would think that the hot shot haulers would prefer airbags.

Quality of the ride is a subjective thing. Postings from the internet give a thumbs up in ride quality to the Timbrens from those who have used both. Some say that airbags even give a little harsher ride with the required 5 lbs of air unloaded.

I just did a pull of 250 miles and the Timbrens worked great. The truck was level and the ride was fantastic! No negatives. Unloaded, the Timbrens do not come into play. Totally satisfied.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote