View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #19
bighornram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11619
Thanks for those images.

I spent the day searching for lights with the flange. Finally this evening I found a pair at one of the local RV shops. They gave me "a deal" on them cause they have had them for so long. $15 each (24 LED's), think I counted right. Plus I had to buy the harness at $5 a pop. So drove home as fast as I could to put those golden puppies on. Green to green, white to white and brown to brown. Test and they are backwards!!! I don't know if the harness is backwards colored or what but switched green to brown and brown to green and they now work properly.

Addendum: Well after sleeping on this I asked Mr. Google about standard wire colors for tail lights. He promptly notified me that tail light wire colors fall into the same category as trailer plug wire colors. You might find something about standard wire colors but each manufacturer can use there own colors so check the wires with a tester anyway. This comes down to an age old issue. Trailer wires don't have a guaranteed standard color scheme.

New high visibility LED's are installed and working nicely. All in all after finding the right type light this was an easy upgrade and I do recommend it.
bighornram is offline   Reply With Quote