View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #16
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
We have been seriously looking at a 3610RE Bighorn over the last year and a half, but negative commentaries from 2 Bighorn dealers towards Heartland's response time on service and warranty issues has moved us toward another brand. I do think the Bighorn has better features and I like their solid styrofoam surround insulation versus batted fiberglass. We once had a motorhome where mice got into the fiberglass insulation and they went everywhere at will which resulted in mega damage, especially to the wiring. Mice can't burrow as well through solid insulation, that's a fact. We do like many of the features in the Montana over and above any of the other competitors like Cedar Creek, KZ, and DRV, plus Montana has a better resale value. We have found a great dealer about an hour and a half away. I've been tempted on a number of occasions to purchase from a wholesale dealer in Michigan and save significant money, but feel I will alienate the service dealer that has all the expenses of servicing to the public. Still the Montana 3625RE has many of the Bighorn 3610RE features and has a better reputation in its ownership, but that could change in a moments notice and in some circles, it already has.
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote