View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 06:00 AM   #10
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
O.K. color me confused. First, can the OP clarify the "no signal" message? Is this message originating from the receiver (I don't have Dish but on DirecTV you get a logo display if the receiver is connected to the TV) or the TV (usually a much more terse message coupled with a blank screen)??? Hopefully it is the Dish message as that confirms the TV is connected to the receiver.

Second, on 11/22 at 4:18:19 PM the OP wrote:
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by trlrboy

.....I ran check switch test and nothing. It took about 20 minutes to run the 38 steps. It did clear out any satellites that were on the box. All I ever got after the check switch was "No signal" messages.

Hmmm. Maybe it's the trailer wiring....disconnected all that and ran the coax directly from the Carryout to the receiver box. Same messages.....
The on 11/22 at 6:32:21 PM the OP wrote:
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by trlrboy

.....When I hook the Carryout directly to my Dish receiver it works perfectly. When I try to use the trailer wiring I get a no signal message......
Does this mean the OP ran the cables from the Carryout directly to the receiver in the RV (through the window or some other direct connect route) and then out via HDMI to the TV in the RV and it worked??? If so, then the problem is in the coax within the RV.

Has the outside cable/satellite coax ever been used before?
No - check the continuity of the coax from the convenience center to the entertainment center.
Yes - Try using the other RF connector in the entertainment center (as already pointed out, there is no guarantee which of the two RF connectors is the "input" one).

Here is a link to the Montana TV wiring diagrams. There are two diagrams, one for Montanas built prior to 1/18/2010 and a second for those built subsequently. Perhaps they will provide some clarity on the internal RV wiring connections.
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37324&SearchTerms=tv,wiring,diagr am

Carl n Susan is online now   Reply With Quote