View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 04:05 AM   #16
mopar1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8805
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TheJeep

We are about 4 inches higher in the front. I can’t lower it b/c the pin box will hit the sides of the bed on a tight turn.
This is your main problem IMHO. I traveled with my Montana about one maybe two inches higher in the front. I thought it was level but it wasn't. We had so much "chunking" going down a concrete highway we were getting motion sick. I lowered the hitch down to the next hole and the ride was much better.
But like you say the pin box will hit the bed sides if you lower id down more. If I remember correctly you need four to five inches of clearance between the camper and bed. I noticed the new truck beds are much deeper than the older Dodge beds like my truck. I wondered if anybody would have troubles. Plus even the 2wd ones set so much higher in the rear. The only thing that I can think of is to have your axles "flipped". That is to put the axles under the springs instead of on top. That would lift the trailer higher. BUT that only works IF your Monty has leaf springs under it.
mopar1 is offline   Reply With Quote