View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #7
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

I keep some of the ones I use in an open tool box just behind the cab. The rest of them are in a container I keep in the camper storage area. When towing the truck bed cover is folded over the open tool box.

Be careful what you leave lying loose in the truck bed. I had a funny thing happen once. I was towing and had the blue boy tank, empty, riding in the truck bed. I had done this several times without incident. The tail gate was in a normal position and something got my attention in my mirrors. As I looked in the mirrors I saw the blue boy tank levitating above the truck bed. The next thing I saw was that it whooshed right over the side and went bouncing down the road behind me. Never thought that would have happened but it did. The air currents created in the truck bed can do funny things sometimes. The only thing I couldn’t recover was a tiny red cap which covered the vent. Everything else was easily found in the road or on the side of it somewhere.