Thread: Trouble Braking
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #12
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
On my brand new 3150RL the brakes never were anything to write home about ... long story short on the curb side I jacked the rear wheel up to adjust up the shoes ... never could locate the star wheel ... took the tire and drum off. The star wheel wasn't even forked into the rear brake shoe ... just sticking out toward the drum and the eccentric on the actuator arm was just plain gone. Front brake on curb side never operated from the factory as the wires were severed just at the grommet going into the backing plate ... just a small piece of insulation was holding the wires in the grommet. Needless to say, me and the dealer had a serious sit down session as all this should have been discovered during the dealers PDI. I checked the lug torque and tire pressures when I bought it, but "who da thunk" I'd needed to jack each wheel up too????????????????
Why did I go for the curb side ... my infared heat gun indicated the street side brakes were about 100 degrees hotter after several repeated stops while towing. Never leave home without one ...
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote