Thread: Table Rotation
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Thanks to all the great information here, I just completed adding a swivel to my table. I did it a little differently, so thought I would post it also in case anyone was interested.
The table in my '07 3075RL has a square post instead of the octagonal post in the other pictorial. I used 1"x2" oak boards cut to length to make a small platform to attach the swivel. It made for a convenient way to attach a latch to lock the table in place.
After making the platform and drilling pilot holes for the lag screws, I had to attach the swivel to the table first, then attach the pedastal/plaform to the swivel. Then I attached the slide latch mechanism.
Like some others said, the table and screws went right back in place by setting it back in the imprint in the carpet.
The swivel is a very stout boat seat swivel I bought at Academy Sports. But I later saw what appeared to be the same swivel at Walmart. It is made very tight against the bearings, so tight I could barely turn it by hand before installation, so there is almost no play in it. Table is very solid.
Swivel slide show
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote