View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 06:51 AM   #27
jksimons
Established Member

M.O.C. #9659
Send a message via AIM to jksimons
There is a lawyer in Sacramento Ca that has advertised extensively about a class action suit against Ford for these truck issues. We elected to sell the Ford after they replaced the turbo at 30k miles and then the oil line blew after the stress of being back underpressure. ( leaving me, the wife stranded hauling out of Yosemite with just my mom and sister and a 1k tow bill. I tow by myself all the time and wanted a better motor for my weight hauling, and living in wonderful California, they are now smogging diesels from 99 on. We elected to by a Ford with the 7.3 and were able to find a 96 with only 74k miles. It has some issues we are working out now (fuel leak) which is really common I understand on the trucks but honestly cannot be happier with the truck. Do I miss the luxury of my lariat? Honestly no. The older truck is roomie and cloth interior is just more comfortable. Now...if I could just get some decent tow mirrors!

I would sell it. Chevy has designed their turbos to have a cooler system that cools the turbo after you shut off the truck. What would AVOID alot of the turbo issues is letting them cook down before shutting off the truck. I know it's a pain to remember to sit there for a few minutes, but better then having it break down on you road side. Too bad I didn't know about that until AFTER...lol. Good luck on the truck shopping.
jksimons is offline   Reply With Quote