View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We have used the Watts regulator, too, for about 5 or 6 years. On our prior Montana with the plastic Thetford toilet I set that regulator to just under 60 psi because above that would shoot flush water out of the toilet bowl. This Montana has the porcelain sea and land toilet and I've not checked to see if it could handle higher pressure. So we're still set at about 58 psi.

I can't remember exactly what the pex (is that the right name) tubing used for the water lines can handle but last time I checked it was at least 140 psi. It's printed right on the tubing. Years and years ago 40 to 50 psi was conventional wisdom as the max pressure you should use because the tubing connectors would blow out with sustained pressure much higher than that. With today's connectors and tubing it can handle substantially higher pressure, in my opinion. How high I'm not sure but I do know we've never had a problem with ours set at 58 psi. And many, many parks reach that level with no difficulty. There are some, however.... like those mentioned above.

As for the connection at the park's spigot, I like to use a Y adapter so I can connect to the unfiltered, unregulated side for washing the rig. But some parks' spigots make that difficult. To solve that I put a quick connect on the incoming side of the Y. Now on the park's spigot I just have to screw on the male side of the quick connect, then snap the Y's quick connect female side onto that. It's usually much easier that way. If there's still no room for the Y, then I do like Wayne and use a short hose with quick connect onto the park's spigot and then snap the Y onto that.

I also have quick connects on the outgoing sides of the Y as well as on most all of my hoses. It makes it much easier and also extends the life of the hose washers. I guess I'm just basically lazy!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote