Thread: alaska trip
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 05:04 AM   #12
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
One thing not mentioned above is an AIR filter or two. I clogged mine up coming down in '07 and truck nearly stopped. Easier to change your own than buy one in Canada. We had a 56 Gal Transfer Flow OEM tank installed before leaving Alaska which worked out fine. I would probably carry two jerry cans if I didn't have the larger tank. Be very wary of the "Frost Heaves", they can do some damage if not careful. A note on using the turnouts: We pulled into one and a MH pulled in "in front of us" (nice guy), I had to crank it over to get out and I picked up a vey sharp rock in trailer tire between sidewall and tread. Starting leaking almost immediately and had to pull over to change the tire. The Pressure Pro system let me know it was leaking. Above all, make sure you have plenty of time and enjoy the trip. You will be wowed by all the beautiful scenery in Canada and Alaska......Oh! One last thing, Alaskan drivers do not care for RV'ers too much, probably a good word would be "tolerant" at best. Be courteous and pull over when you can to let the locals pass. After 14 years of living there, I can speak from experience about this.....I used to hate RV'ers, now I are one, Go Figure........
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote