View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Bob, I think I've read here on the forum on other threads of cracking and/or leaking in the shower units. They have all found there is now support under that shower floor! If I'm not mistaken, some have taken that spray-in expanding foam and taken care of it. I think Bobby did that to his and when he did it he recommended putting something on the floor of the shower and then putting a cement block for weight on it so it didn't push the floor up and cause the drain to be higher than the floor. You can buy two different types of the expanding foam-- one will expand for filling void spaces and the other is for filling around doors and windows and expands but does not expand like the first. Rich may have an idea also by putting some rigid foam under it also. You will have to patch the crack first before spraying the foam or putting in the rigid foam in however and the Eternobond tape sounds to me to be a good solution, at least temporarily anyway, until you can have the floor part of the unit replaced.
P.S. Just thought of someting else. If you need to replace the shower unit or tub, you might want to check with some of the RV salvage places around Goshen and across the border into Michigan. After the Fall Rally we paid a visit to several and found they have nearly everything one might need at a whole lot better price than the dealers and manufacturers!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote