View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
The two pictures you have of the crank and the spindle seem to be the same as on my rig (the spindle on mine is brass just like the crank but yours is painted black but I don't think this would make any mechanical difference). The crank goes over the spindle all the way to the notches and seats just fine.

What I can't see is how deep your crank's receiver goes or how long the spindle is to the notches. On my crank it bottoms out at 2 1/2 inches. If your crank doesn't have that distance then you might have something stuck up in there.

On edit: I forgot to mention, the end of the spindle to the pins is about 1 1/4" which leaves over an inch in clearance for the crank's receiver. Maybe the spindle is longer on yours. I do have a 2006 3500RL if this might make a difference, too.

I hope you get this figured out.

Hey Ozz, do you take orders for that drill attachment? I've not had to use the manual crank yet and I've only heard and read that it takes a loooong time, which is what I'd like to eliminate, when the need does arise.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote