Old 12-30-2009, 03:33 AM   #45
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by The Old Fogies

The power adapter that connects the 30 and 20 amp recpts. to give you the 50 amps. Every campground that we visit has had a GFI breaker on the 20amp circuit.
We had one but we bought ours and used in several campgrounds before they started installing the GFI receptacles. It worked very well and provided us with excellent power. If you're going to be where the receptacles are not GFI (some of the old city and county parks), for a period of time, I believe the investment is worth it.

Orv
I bought Orv's power adapter that connects the 30 and 20 amp to give you the 50 amps for our trip to Alaska last year. In the Yukon and Alaska 30 amp and non-GFI are the norm. However, we found that we did fine on just 30 amps. So we never used it. Anyone interesting in buying a "30 and 20 amp to give you the 50 amps" connector let me know.

I bought one of the magnetic strips for the propane bottle. So, far haven't made use of that.

I also have a set of the wheel covers. When our slides are out the tires are usually in the shade and being fulltimers we either are driving or have our slides out. Anyone interested in a set wheel covers just let me know.
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote