View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 02:59 AM   #9
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

Don't you have two sets of seals? The one that you see on the outside is the "wiper" seal. Its purpose is to squeegee the water off when you retract the slide. The actual slide seal can only be seen from the inside (or by pulling the wiper seal out). An almost sure fire way to tell is to get inside with a flashlight at night, and have someone outside checking to see if they see any light coming through when you run the beam around the slide on the inside. If it is dark inside and sunny outside, you MAY see some light coming through.

Just a thought.

Edited: When the slide is in, run your hand arund the edge and you will feel a rubber bumper seal.(typically)
I can run my hand around the edge of my other two slide and feel the rubber bumper, but not on this slide where I think the water might be coming in. When I run the slide out and in, the slide will come in and it drops to a lower position and this is where it is not lining up with the rubber seal. I am thinking that the slide needs adjusted? I am going to the local dealer Monday and see what they say. Thanks Waynem
Bob
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote