View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 06:05 AM   #6
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
Update:

I took a close look at the corner and as I inspected the situation, it appears this was done at the factory when the unit was built. I only noticed as the moulding in front started to bend out a little as there was nothing on the other side to hold it in. I looked through the propane door and could see the screw going in holding the one corner in place. It appears they cut the underbelly skirt a little off and just tacked it in. In looking, there is little this does other than cover up the underbelly stuff. There is the hole next to it for the braces and also for the area under the propane tanks. This tells me there is no expectation of this being a 'dry' or 'sealed' area. I originally freaked thinking my front frame was busted or something. I chalk this up to not wanting to get another piece of sheeting to make it right. A couple minor modifications and it will hold the moulding in as it was designed for.

I checked the other side to see how it was and this piece was properly screwed in and covered all the way to the moulding. I get a little punchy when I spend that much money to find 'short cuts' on an otherwise great product. Hopefully, someday I will quit worrying???
sfretts is offline   Reply With Quote