View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
John,
Do your homework well!
I have Dish Network. The single LNB was easy to set up. My new triple lnb is a nightmare some times. I have heard that DirectTV's satellite download is broader than Dish's. I Think this may be correct. I'm at the Mayport Naval Station FamCamp and when I walked around looking to see where "Dish" general direction was pointed, all I saw were DirecTV antenna's. That in itself may say something.

Check the new DirecTV receivers to see if they do what the dish receivers do.

Dish VIP722 receiver has two inputs, Sat1 and Sat2. You do not need two lines, but do need switches. There are two, and I have posted them in another thread, but don't remember what the were. I think a DP44 and DP21 (not sure) The line from the LNB (single, Dual, Triple) is a single line off of feed #1 to one of the switches, fed to the second switch, fed to sat1 and sat2. There is a distribution out that feeds back into the first switch and somewhere outside the stick house is another switch that feeds a second television. With this arrangement you can watch two independent channels at the same time. In you trailer, feed the distribution out to the lower jack on the loop and you would have tv2 in the bedroom in the same configuration.

The VIP722 can record 350 hours of standard definition and 55 hours of HD. I absolutely love that aspect. It is a dual tuner. You can record two and playback one at the same time, or record two while watching one (Don't like that - why would I record it) or record 1 watch one. Programming guide is pretty intuitive and you can set up your "scheduled" recordings.

Shout at me if you need more info on DISH. I can't help you with DirectTV.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote