View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
We got the king bed in our new rig but have barely enough room for us on either side even if we have to scootch sideways right before getting in bed. Also, when we fix the bed we do have to slide the mattress as far over to one side to put the bed cover down on the opposing side, then we slide it back over and do the other side, then we slide it back to center it. We have this down to a very quick routine and the bedding and mattress are light enough for us to do it from one side. For the king size we don't mind doing that because it adds only a little bit of time versus the benefit. We've used King-size beds almost all our married lives in our stick houses and when we had to settle for sorta-Queen sizes in the prior trailers we owned we considered it camping. Now with the 5er and the king bed it's RVing. Yes!

You really should have tried getting in and out and messing with the sheets and covers before purchasing. But we don't mind for now because we are in our early 50's and in good shape. Ask me when I become much more physically challenged. Then I'll have to do what Jolu did.

Good old warranty work. Hate to have it, love it when you need it. When we got our rig the refrigerator failed on our second trip within about 2 months. We completed our short vacation by using our portable ice maker to turn the fridge into a cooler then headed straight back to the dealer and had to wait about 6 weeks for replacement parts instead of Keystone not just swapping the fridge out. Fortunately we weren't full timers. Unfortunately, they knew that.

I have seen others on these forums who have checklists of things to check when picking up a new Unit. You might even search the forums for several topics and you might find some.

Check for recalls. Verify with your dealer that any recall work has already been done for all components in your rig. You'd be surprised even for a new unit how long parts sit on a shelf and may not have had recalls implemented prior to being installed in your new trailer. Remember that refrigerator problem I talked about? After fixing it I got a recall notice for it. That was a SECOND trip for warranty work on the same freaking component (different problem, but same component).

Gotta love the trailer life, the benefits of home with the quality of an American car. LOL
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote