View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 03:53 AM   #7
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We have owned 3 5th wheels with Dual pany windows and two without, and we made two mistakes. Dual pane windows do add weight that is the only negative. The 5er we have now has the frame less and makes the 5er look much sleeker. Dual pane is much quiter, want sweat, keeps the sun out and gives more privacy (Dark Tint). If I had have been you I would have ask to see one with Dual pane windows. I doubt he would have had one on the lot. That is the typical salesman sell whats on the lot, no matter what. As for weight I don't have a clue. The last 5er we owned had single pany which were reflective and were very cheap of coures they weren't dual pany and I let the salesman sell me what he had on the lot, which was dump on my part and want happen again. Don't let him sell you on the single pane windows. Have never had a problem with leaking, streaking or anything for that matter. Our windows below the large windows roll our and can be open when raining. Most owners who don't have them will tell you that you don't need them and people who have them want leave home without them. Its your choice and Good Luck on your decision. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote