View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 08:40 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
38,000 miles on this 2007 Dodge 6.7 and it only happened one time. And that was the dealer's fault. We had a recall for one of the emission sensors. The dealer replaced the sensor but neglected to reprogram the computer to properly use the new style sensor. A few miles later we got that message. We were close to the dealer so pulled in. They discovered their error, reprogrammed the computer and not a single problem since. That was about 20,000 or so miles ago, or more. I was impressed with the service guy who came into the waiting room to explain the problem was his fault and for apologizing. He did not cover it up at all. This was the Dodge dealer in Benson, AZ.

If you got a load of low sulfur diesel instead of ultra low, I understand that can cause that problem, too. That's just what I heard. I'm not an expert.

As for Dodge having more problems than the other brands, I'm hearing and experiencing just the opposite. Ours had the original style turbo. At 13,000 miles the light came on and they installed the new style turbo. That was September of last year. We now have 25,000 additional miles on the truck, 38,000 total and have had no other problems at all other than the recall mentioned above.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote