Thread: WorkCamping
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 06:49 AM   #12
sunshineduo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8513
It was several months ago now, but a couple that are good friends of our invited us our to see their 5'er and talk about living full time. They have been full-time for six years and at a state park here in Colorado for the past ywo years. It was that visit and our long conversation about the lifestyle that convinced us we could/should/would go full timeing, even while we still have a few years of work ahead of us before we can pull the plug and roam free.
His comment that he wouldn't trade this lifestyle for anything now that he knew it was convincing and genuine.
They spend from several minutes to several hours (depending on occupancy) each day making the rounds, cleaning and prepping the campsites. From my perspective, I am pretty spoiled by a state park campsite that provides these services. Everything was maintained and clean and in working order and they offer a good degree of security to the park as well.
I'm looking forward to trying it as soon as we can get away from the 40hr grind and shiftwork.

sunshineduo is offline   Reply With Quote